Most used products in 2017 - Eyes

by - January 07, 2018

Continuing on with Part 3 of the series for my most used in 2017. And the first week has gone by already for January. Eyeshadow palettes were the hardest to pick so I narrowed it down to 5 that I reached for the most.



Eye Shadow Primer


This primer did intensify my eyeshadow and made it last longer. The primer was able to dry down quick and did not leave a tacky feeling on the eyes. When applying the eyeshadow it went on very smoothly. My eyelids are quite dry and it did not emphasise any dry patches.



Brow Wiz in the shade Dark Brown
Eye Brow Pencil

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Brow Wiz

I got this as a birthday present. I was never into brow products since mine were so dark. By dark, imagine Rock Lee from Naruto (sad days). I learnt how to shape them properly with the correct tools. The brow wiz was very nice to fill in any sparse areas.




False Lashes


These were my go to lashes. Since they had a clear band, it looked like my own lashes when applied. The lashes reminded me of the Ardell Wispies. The one thing I did not like was it was pre glued. The glue was very thick so had to remove it to see get the clear band.

Black Gel Liner


For some reason I feel like this is going to be discontinued and Anastasia Beverly Hills will release a new set of gel liners. The colour I used was Jet Black. The packaging is the same as their brow pomades. For black gel liners, this was the one I reached for the most.


Brown Gel Liner

Tony Moly - Easy Touch (Brown)


I went to Korea in February and purchased this. Originally I had used the 3CE gel liners. I still haven't hit pan yet for this gel liner despite using it for the whole year. In terms of formulation, it is very creamy and easy to apply. Also it is waterproof so if you need to cry, you won't get a black eye with this gel liner on.



Liquid Eye Liner



Personally, I prefer gel over liquid. But if I do want to make my liner more crisp, this would be the product I reached for the most. I was able to draw my eyeliner on the thickness I wanted.


Mascara

Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Waterproof Mascara in Very Black


If you have Asian Eyelashes, waterproof mascara would be your best friend. They hold up curls very well. It held up my lashes very well without it looking chunky. I was able to to get into each individual lashes.


Eyelash Glue


D.U.P. - D-UP Eyelashes Fixer EX 552 (Clear Type)


I am very thankful this was recommended to me. The glue was very strong so the lashes did not budge throughout the day. This is regardless of rainy or humid days. Not only that, the glue was easy to remove. I had purchased this at W cosmetics in Sydney CBD area. I believe it is a cult favourite in Japan as well since it had the Cosme winner sticker.



Eye Shadow


I have yet to hit pan despite using it so much. The shadows are very pigmented and easy to blend. However, the downfall to this is the fallout. The eyeshadows are quite soft. I have dropped this palette and it has not broke. I would recommend doing your eyeshadow first before your base so the fallout can be removed. I did not need to use a primer when using this palette.


Violet Voss - Holy Grail Palette


The colour scheme is quite similar to the Modern Renaissance Palette except less fall out. It was still quite pigmented hence was one of my most reached palette. My favourite shade is Toffee as the intensity was very similar to a cream eyeshadow. 





This palette smelt very similar to the Too Faced Chocolate palette. I really liked the shades and the amount of looks I could create with this palette. The shade Funny Girl is softer than the Modern Renaissance palette. I should have been a bit more careful when handling this palette because it was a tragedy when I dropped it. I had to repress Funny Girl back into the palette.



NARS - NARSissist Loaded Eyeshadow Palette

NARS shadows are quite nice but they only come in duos or singles. They should release a permanent palette rather than a limited edition. The shades are buildable. This palette was my most used in terms of a "nude" palette. 





Everyone in the beauty community went a bit crazy for this palette. I was part of that craziness as I stayed up until 3AM when it first launched. I remember it selling out within the first 10 minutes. What was good about colourpop was the servers did not crash. This palette is a dupe to the Natasha Denona Sunset Palette. If you had to compare the price difference, it was $16 USD vs $129 USD. The size of the eyeshadows are quite deceiving as they are smaller than normal shadows. 





You May Also Like

0 comments