Most used products in 2017 - Face

by - December 29, 2017


As the year is close to ending, this was a good way to reflect back on what I have achieved and what could be improved for the year of 2018. I have finally made the effort to start blogging and listing out the things I have used. As for 2017, it has been one weird year with both good and bad releases. The makeup industry I believe will continue to evolve in a more diverse community to cater to everyone's needs. My most used products in 2017 will be sectioned into various parts which will include Face, Cheeks, Eyes and Lips


Primer 


My most used primer hands down would have to be the Too Faced - Hangover Primer. I am onto my second bottle since the first purchase. Despite having combination skin, it was still good to use for all seasons as it kept my face hydrated. This was very light weight. The foundations I have used this primer with adhered to my skin well.


Foundation

Based on coverage and weather, there were 3 foundations which I reached for the most.

LIGHT COVERAGE


Since it was oil free I did not feel my face getting too oily throughout the day where I would powder/blot at least 5 times. This tint also contained SPF which was a big plus for me and also blurred out my pores. This I used more during summer or days which were warmer.

LIGHT - MEDIUM COVERAGE


As much as I like a matte finish, on some days I'll want a more dewier look. In winter it didn't emphasise my dry patches and was able to give me a healthy glowy look (my skin tends to go out of whack depending on the weather - super dry and super oily). I was able to use this during the night since it did not contain any SPF.

MEDIUM - FULL COVERAGE


Ah Fenty Beauty, this was one of my most anticipated release in 2017. I was pretty glad I picked this up. My initial issue with this foundation was the shade matching. I went from 210 to 180 since it did go a shade darker when dried down. I did not need to powder too much with this foundation as it sets itself quite quickly. As much as I like using this for its full coverage and good oil control, I would not wear this during winter as it does emphasise dry patches.

Shades pictured - Chantilly, Vanilla, Honey, Custard and Amande

Concealer


Without a doubt, this concealer is my most used and abused. My shade is actually a mix of Vanilla and Custard. I could have just purchased Cannelle as the in between shade but truth to be told, I'm still waiting for it to be back in stock in stores.


Pressed Powder


I have almost hit pan on this powder. The powder is very fine milled to the touch and did not emphasise any texture. I got this off Beautylish not the Charlotte Tilbury site.



Loose Powder 


I've used this product more towards baking. Loose powders tend to be a bit more messy. By messy, it looks like cocaine when spilt. Using this powder to bake, I did not feel my under eyes being dry and was able to set my whole face with the excess powder. I do admit, this powder is very comparable to the Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder.


Setting Spray

There are two setting sprays I have mostly used this year.


This spray is really good at controlling oil and was most used during summer. It did not move my make up when I sprayed this on. I'am almost finished with this spray but currently testing out the Skindinavia version. Skindinavia is the company that made for Urban Decay's setting sprays. 


The image shown is actually the Fruity Juicy edition. Formulation wise, it is the same as the original. This was most used during winter or cooler days. Spraying this, my foundation would look less powdery. Essentially allowing the foundation to sink into my skin to look like my skin but better. This is a multi-use product where it can be used as a primer or intensifying eye shadows. However, I used it mainly as a setting spray. 

You May Also Like

0 comments